Friday, March 23, 2012

XNA Game Engine Update - Multiplayer support!

I finally done working with multiplayer support for my game engine. The really challenge for me is to have a NetLobby class that must be generic across the projects and encapsulates all common functionalities in handling network lobby sessions especially in dealing with UDP or non-reliable connection to make it more reliable.

I've wrote a lot of network code for games for the past years in C++ and I must say that my NetLobby code is really neat, simple but complete. I should have done something like this years ago!

Here's the screenshot of multiplayer simulation of a physics ball controlled by an accelerometer from 3 different sources (Laptop, PC, and Windows Phone):



I'm really interested in buying a new Windows Phone for my wife, not only she may play all the games she want anytime but I could use her phone for my game multiplayer testing as well ;)

1 comment: