Saturday, March 31, 2012

Game genres that I good or suck at...

Good:



What I think I'm comfortable saying that I'm really good at FPS games. I started playing Doom 1 when I was a kid then followed by Doom 2 and Quake series. Other slow pace FPS games followed are just another ordinary game to me.



Quake 2/3 is a very fast pace, acrobatic, strategic game and my favorite game of all time. I bought/tried countless premium mouse and keyboard just to experience better aiming and reflexes. I believe that I can adapt to any FPS games (eg. CS/COD/BF) fast by only modifying keyboard controls and mouse sensitivity that are patterned from my Quake3 settings.

Too bad, Quake series is not that popular here in Philippines.



Oh yeah, just to add up that I remember finishing Mirror Edge in 1 day by 1 sitting. It was just like an ordinary boring Sunday and had nothing to do at home during vacation day.



I'm also good at fighting games especially King of Fighters, Tekken and Street Fighter. I remember owning the KOF94/95 arcade machine by just challenging more than 8 players for more than an hour at SM Paco Amusement.

Mediocre:

What games I really like. Even I know I don't excel to these games I just can't uninstall them on my PC and get enough of it!



Massively Multiplayer RPG like Ultima Online, Worlds of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online.



Racing Simulation like Grid and Dirt series.

Suck:

Do I need to explain what Suck means? I tried many times and I just can't focus. The big problem is that I lose interest easily!



Strategy games like Starcraft and Warcraft. I tried many times, played countless times with my friends, done few challenges but I always got my ass kicked.



Single Player RPS like Final Fantasy series, Dragon Age, Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls. Like I said, I lose interest easily. When I play games like reading and inventory and reading and... ZZzzz.

Never played/tried few times:



Sports?... I play basketball, I'm a beginner in Tennis, I play badminton with my GF and I also play billiards occasionally. It's just I'm not really a big fan of any sports stars and don't like the idea of playing it in your PC/Console instead of playing it outside physically.

Conclusion

Basically every gamer is a different player. You can be good to one thing but others will always be better on other things.

I always keep in mind that to prioritize important things and be more productive. Game is just a game...

...but when playing games, try to be at your best and have fun at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment