Sunday, November 18, 2012

Globe Tattoo Postpaid vs Smart Buddy Prepaid (Part 2)

What: Globe Tattoo (Postpaid) vs Smart Buddy (Prepaid)
Where: Orient Square, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
When: 11am
How: Unbiased result from CA US server, unlike Globe/Smart server
Who: wins? See for yourself...





In fairness to Globe on some part of Ortigas, I finally got an HSDPA connection but still loose to Smart's somehow consistent HSPA+.

Why:

Here's part 1 of my post: Globe Tattoo Postpaid vs Smart Buddy Prepaid and the test was located at Potrero, Malabon.

I finally got a chance to test the speedtest at the office last week but the post is quite late, I know.

You think now based from the screenshot is that Globe got good connection this time? Which in fact I had to reconnect many times and place the antenna somewhere in my location to get better connection than EDGE! So, 75% of the time I'm still getting 2G/Edge connection to Globe.

Still frustrating and still have 2 more tests to convince myself to move to Smart -- Rosario and Ortigas (condo) both in Pasig.

Now Smart = 2 pts, Globe = 0 pt.

Verdicts:

FYI, I don't use my Tattoo postpaid for heavy download, only for browsing. So BANDWIDTH CAPPING is not the case here.

Don't get me wrong here, I got my Tattoo unlimited plan for almost 3yrs already and Globe never fails me for the past 2 yrs. Now I don't understand this slowdown and inconsistent HSDPA connection for the past 2 months. Frustrated Globe tattoo users are growing and 2 of them already are my friends who got Data unlimited postpaid and the other tattoo unlimited plan.

In fact I know a guy who's using SUN postpaid internet for almost a year and still got consistent HSDPA connection.

With this situation, I'm already wasting P999/mo. as I think it would be better to upgrade my Wired internet connection at home to 3mbps.

No comments:

Post a Comment