Sunday, September 04, 2011

Accelerometer with Windows Phone's SDK 7.1 - Mango

I've been trying out Accelerometer in Non-Mango or Nodo sdk version but it's nearly impossible to test it without using your actual device. Now with the release of Mango SDK, they finally added accelerometer in the emulator. I'm quite amaze how easy to code and use it on the emulator... why would Microsoft took so long to develop/release this such useful feature?

Anyway, the moment I test it I immediately integrate the Accelerometer in my engine.

    device.AcceleratorActive = true;
    ..
    foreach (SphereObject obj in listBalls)
    {
        obj.Force += device.AcceleratorReading * 50.0f;
    }


There are so many new features in Mango SDK update that I wanted to try out but I'm more exited with Sockets... here's my rant before: Programming Sockets with Windows Phone 7

Here are the list of updates and the bold letters what I think a must try:

Local database support (SQL CE)
Direct access to video and photo camera streams
Ability to add ringtones
Support for background agents
Network-independent live tiles and toast notifications
Access to the compass and gyroscope sensors
Sockets
Silverlight + XNA integration
Application profiling
Emulator with accelerometer and location support
Built-in support for integrating Microsoft-based ads
Ability to share content with linked system accounts from third-party apps
Improved access to user data
OData integration

So, what's your favorite feature?

No comments:

Post a Comment