Sunday, April 17, 2011

Programming Sockets with Windows Phone 7

I've been coding sockets for more than 10 years and it is very important because most of my ideas are all network based or multiplayer based - it's just part of my coding life.

So, I spent hours and hours looking if there's a Socket for WP7 and the only information I got is Windows Communication Foundation using single request/response access to HTTP.

That's !@#$%^ slow and not my style! I want to create real time network games with using small chuck of packets with fast asynchronous data transfers and NOT WCF's bulky xml data and slow send receive HTTP protocols.

I think that's retard for Microsoft for limiting the access... iPhone and Android have it!

I'm hoping Microsoft will be adding socket support on this Mango release. If so? then I'll probably start making network based games and probably buy another WP7 phone for my girlfriend that I could also use for my testing.

Right now I'm still disappointed. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment