Thursday, March 17, 2011

Windows Phone 7: No offline Contact/Calendard synchronization...

PocketNow stated...
Everyone has always complained about problems with ActiveSync on the desktop. Many people often ran into errors and wished it would just go away. Well, with Windows Phone 7, ActiveSync is gone. Windows Phone 7 only connects to Zune when you plug it into the PC and only syncs music/videos/podcasts/pictures. That means there will be no more errors or frustrations for you when trying to sync all of your personal information management data between your Windows Phone and Outlook.
...
How to Sync Windows Phone 7 with Outlook

That's PURE CRAP!

You just need to install Active Sync (only WinXP or lower) and Office Outlook first then plug in your Windows Mobile through your USB -- it works every single time.

Unbelievable... I've been using PocketPC/Smartphone WinCE 3.0 -> Windows Mobile 6.5 part-time/fulltime Winmobile Dev and never had problems syncing with ActiveSync on office/work pc. Disappointed... that is one thing that keeps me from using Windows Mobile.

Until I haven't figured out how to sync my contacts from my Omnia Pro to my new HTC HD7, I won't use my HD7 as my primary phone.

THAT's the only thing I hate about Windows Phone 7 so far...

1 comment:

  1. Spot on.
    Android plainly sucks for work use, WP7 should rock, pocket-office-wise, but while the former can be "hacked" through myphoneexplorer to only sync offline with Outlook, the second cannot, and needs to send your private data on someone else's servers.
    I don't know what phone to use anymore.

    ReplyDelete