Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Choosing between Nikon D90 or D7000?

D7000 is a lot better than D90 for one reason that it already match (or somehow beats) D300s feature... or more.

The reason I would probably get D7000 for it's better AF, more AF points, better video recording and more external function -- but using weak lens then it's pretty useless. Thanks to my Nikon 85mm/1.8, video with my D90 looks awesome (except the wobbling).

Dual SD is more like a PRO function to me. I never had any jpg/raw failure from my D60 for the past 2yrs to D90 1yr plus as well. I always move files thru my backup machine when I got home and keep my SD card clean.

Faster FPS is a plus if you shoot action or sports, but for me it's more like a good to have feature coz I don't usually use burst shot.

I own D90 with Tokina 11-16/2.8 (landscape/wide), Tamron 28-75/2.8 (clean portrait) and Nikon 85/1.8 (bokeh portraits) and actually tried D7000 and feel like I can't justify an additional 30k of price difference.

Although grabbing a better body like D7000 would probably extend your itch on buying much better body maybe let say for another 1-2years that is if you can buy without problem or your budget permits. If not then forget it... my D90 can produce the same quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment