Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Belated Happy Holidays!

Am I too late?... I think so :D

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I think I just forgot Blogspot for this long. I'm addicted to TipidPC.com right now and reading about AMD Phenom 2, i7, ATI 4xxx Series etc., of course something I want to buy for my PC.

So far my only gift for myself is MSI 4830 OC videocard in replacement for my Inno8600gt. Bought this card for only 6k cash! cheap! It's already used but only for few days. Yeah good thing I didn't have some kind of G.A.S. syndrome... if I do I might have bought 4870 OC instead! I guess power-consumption is more important -- I only overclock from 585/900 to 650/975 and that's it.

Oh yeah I also bought Team XTreme Dark DDR800! overclocked to 500Mhz@1.9v (DDR2 1000 effective) together with Slightly overclock Q6600 cpu to 3ghz at stock voltage.

3DMark 06 1280x1024 = 12513
3DMark Vantage = P6936

If you think about it... it's not bad at all. Even with cpu and gpu on stock speed, Racing Grid and Call of Duty 4 max out settings still runs very smooth which is actually already an overkill card for me.

One thing, my PC is almost 1yr old! Yeah I did manage not to upgrade except for the videocard(which is acceptable at this generation), 4gb CL4 ram and aloy casing. Q6600 will still be a mainstream quadcore processor and I'm really in luck on choosing this processor.

Check my previous post: New Rig: Erika

Enough with the geeky stuff.

Here is my list of things I want to do this year:
- create at least 1 game... 0_0!
- avoid foodchains (mcdo / jolibee)
- stick to 1 rice (try)
- new investment (other way to save my money)
- new ultra-wide-lens
- new phone (windows mobile for life)
- trade my honda city
- probably a gf (hehe, still no luck)
... no plans of moving forward to a gamedev career yet.

My sister can't go home yet but of course we are all happy during holidays.

If there is something I miss I'll just follow up on my next post =)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment